Clementine is a free opensource Music player released under GPL v3 license. It is a port the Amarok music player taking advantage of Qt4 features focusing on a fast and easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music. Clementine has a nice and neat interface and looks much quicker and faster.
- Search and play your local music library with a queue manager.
- scan and Copy music to your iPod, iPhone (requires iTunes), MTP or mass-storage USB player.
- Remote control using a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
- Listen to internet radio from Last.fm, SomaFM and Magnatune.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- Visualisations from projectM.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC.
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
- Native desktop notifications on Linux (libnotify) and Mac OS X (Growl).
Install Clementine in openSUSE
Click to download the 1-click installer for Clementine Music player on openSUSE 11.3. This should download the YMP file and launch the YaST package manager. Follow the onscreen procedures to complete the installation of Clementine Music player.
Once installed, Clementine installs under Applications – Multimedia – Audio Player
When you launch the music player for the first time, the library is populated. Click the left navigation panel to launch the Preference window (can also be launched from Tools menu). Click Music Library and choose the directory where you music files are and update the library.
As you can see there are options to logon to online music services like Last.fm, Magnatune etc. Also, can you see the option to configure your Wii Console (Wiimotedev).
You can connect your USB storage, iPhones etc and copy from and to it from Clementine. However, Apple devices like iPhone, iPod etc needs iTunes hence a Windows / MacOS feature only.
You can see the tabbed list of the library, files, internet, devices where you filter down to the individual file selection or the internet based services like Last.fm and the list of supported devices connected to the system.
Playing MP3 and OGG files
To play the MP3 and OGG files etc, you need to have the following gstreamer plugins:
Launch the YaST2 package manager from Computer – Install/Remove software and search and install the above plugins.
Failing to install the plugins can throw the following error:
gstreamer could create the element: autoaudiosink
Click here to visit the Clementine project homepage.
Brazilian cheers 😉
Tnx a lot! Clementine rocks.
Tired installing Clementine. Get “nothing provides libstdc++.so.6. Clementine wont install. Libstdc++.so.6 is in 2 places on the machine–/usr/lib and /usr/lib64. Whats the workaround for this??